Warm Up Your Buyer!
The fireplace was conventionally the heart of every home, but changing lifestyles over the past four decades have demoted many of them, with many families choosing to huddle around the TV as an alternative.
However, the fireplace has seen a huge revival in popularity as a design feature among buyers, so if you are considering selling, it might be worthwhile investing in a fireplace or revamping your old one before going on the market. There’s plenty available on the decorative fireplace market so shop about, choose one that will suit the vibe of your property and watch it sell!
If you are replacing a bricked-up chimney breast with a fireplace, there are some things you should check before using it as a ‘top’ selling point,
- Check that the chimney actually works. Many have been filled or capped, and in some cases the chimneybreast (usually upstairs) may have actually been removed altogether.
- Don’t feel you have to find an old fireplace for an old house. Many people feel that contemporary fireplaces can match traditional surroundings. Car boot sales, shabby chic shops, Gumtree and even recycling centres can be great to pick up an old fireplace.
- If you don’t have a chimney-breast, a solid fuel stove or log burner can sometimes be installed, even using a horizontal flue through a ground floor wall.
- A fireplace in a large bathroom is a particularly luxurious selling point.
- An instant and more practical alternative to solid fuel is a real-flame gas fire using ceramic coals. Note that you may need to line your chimney and have the emission levels professionally checked.
Check out this useful article from Which? Where they tried and tested some of the front runners in this field big-name brands, including Clearview, Charnwood, Morso, Hunter and Stovax.
So why not embrace the pleasures of a real fire that gives warmth and comfort and is a more sociable alternative to the TV as the focal point of any room?
It could help you sell your home!
Lovett LASTEST NEWS
As more affordable deposit options are coming back, we wanted to share with you our five steps to becoming mortgage-ready this year Due to changes to the stamp duty threshold, there has been a surge in homeowners and first-time buyers looking to make the most of the tax break and buy a house in 2021. Have you reviewed your finances? […]
It is an extremely difficult time for everyone in the UK as the country goes into another Lockdown. Boris Johnson has announced a set of new national restrictions for England, similar to the March 2020 lockdown. However, unlike the first lockdown, the housing market is to remain open for business. Government advice on home moving […]
Lovett OUR BRANCHES
241 Ashley Road
Dorset BH14 9DS
455 Christchurch Road
716 Christchurch Road
936 Christchurch Road